• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

***OFFICIAL*** Ryan Couture vs. Ross Pearson Thread

6K views 80 replies 32 participants last post by  Stun Gun 
#1 ·
Lightweight bout: 155 pounds

See less See more
#5 ·
Neither are elite fighters. But Pearson hasn't been bad. His win over Soti was solid. Went to a split with Barboza in a stand up fight. Beat Siver. I think Ross has been solid, and has shown a decently well-rounded game. Solid TDD, solid striking, solid cardio.

I like him better at 155. Can't believe this is the co-main though. Are they just using Couture as a name and the cut his ass after 2 losses because they don't like Randy or what? Ross is a tough fight for your 8th fight and 1st in the UFC...

#8 ·
Noons hasn't look good in a while in my opinion, not that Pearson has looked great either. Noons is Couture's only decent win and it was a split decision. Didn't a lot of people score that fight for Noons? Memory is a little fuzzy. I'm going to have to agree with Jonny here. Pearson is no world beater, but he's still a solid fighter and a difficult match up for Couture at this stage in his career.

#10 ·
Noons hasn't look good in a while in my opinion, not that Pearson has looked great either. Noons is Couture's only decent win and it was a split decision. Didn't a lot of people score that fight for Noons? Memory is a little fuzzy. I'm going to have to agree with Jonny here. Pearson is no world beater, but he's still a solid fighter and a difficult match up for Couture at this stage in his career.
That was a robbery, should have been 30-27 UD Noons.

#11 ·
LoL I thought so. That strengthens my point right there. This may be a little too soon for Ryan.

#13 ·
I have no idea how good of a wrestler Couture is but I'm fairy sure that's where the fight will be won and lost.

I think Pearson is better than he is being credit for on this thread, as a striker he is very good and there will not be too many at LWs more technically gifted than Ross. He ****ed up going to FW and broke his hand against Cole Miller.

#14 ·
For his experience so far, he's pretty good on the ground. And for the 9,000th time and he's probably really tired of hearing it, he is not the wrestler his dad was, but then again not many people were in his day. I'm sure his best shot is on the ground. In the fights I've seen more striking is needed to take him to the next level, he seems to have the desire to put the time, so only time will tell. On another topic, it's bs that Dana or whomever did it won't let Randy corner his son, especially for such a huge fight for the kid.

#15 ·
i like pearson and his style... good technical striking with decent power and enough experience to edge out a decision vs. ryan.. he has decent defensive wrestling so i think he takes this

#16 ·
Pearson's a beast when he's not being an idiot and slugging bombs. His head movement when he actually remembers he can move his head is some of the best in the sport. Unfortunately he can be dragged into brawls quite easily when he does get hit. When he fights smart and tight, he's a hard man to beat and tough for anyone at 155. He's got pretty good TDD as well and a solid Judo base.

I think he wins this fairly handily.

Reactions: Kin
#18 ·
Pearson's a beast when he's not being an idiot and slugging bombs. His head movement when he actually remembers he can move his head is some of the best in the sport. Unfortunately he can be dragged into brawls quite easily when he does get hit. When he fights smart and tight, he's a hard man to beat and tough for anyone at 155. He's got pretty good TDD as well and a solid Judo base.

I think he wins this fairly handily.
THIS!

Pearson has some of the best striking I've ever seen in MMA...When he's on. If only he didnt forego his outstanding technique to just slug it out, he'd have won a fair amount of the fights that he's lost.

I don't understand how people can underestimate his striking so much.

And I'd definitely take him to beat Noons, who's never impressed me as a striker.

#24 ·
haha no shame in being a fan.. most of my heart>brain picks leave me a loser... pearson is a good low level gate keep with a fan friendly style so if ryan gets past him ill be impressed.

#25 ·
Couture was lucky against Noons and didn't impress. Ross should win this easy. Tko

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.