MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Side Kick.

Thread: The Side Kick.
View Single Post

Old 05-23-2007, 12:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Kin
MMA fighter

Kin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By All
I agree with your insights regarding the sidekick's range. I don't find myself throwing it alot. Again, I find it to be a high-payoff high-risk technique, and I believe those are to be used sparringly. The context, in which I find it to be most successful, is chasing after being set up with a combination.

Something about the chamber, though; someone who is flexible and practices this can deliver that kick either high or low, choosing the level at the last instant. Personally, I believe that all kicks should be chambered high (if you're going to chamber) for the sake of getting more power -- and decieving opponents. But, as Onganju did mention, there are many ways to jam a sidekick. Luckily, if they're backing up, its very difficult to change directions quick enough. =D

Also, the prospect of the next generations of MMA utilizing such techniques is exciting, but... what's the mongolian chop?! x_x;
Kin is offline   Reply With Quote