MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Margaret Thatcher passes away

View Single Post

Old 04-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #26 (permalink)
Cookie Monster
The Chosen One

Cookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
It depends. I think Canadian women tend to revere Thatcher. Which I suppose makes sense - tough, female politicians who stand their ground don't come around very often. But there are also vast circles who acknowledge that she had a self serving political agenda and ruined hundreds of thousands of lives. I can only speak for a few provinces, but I've found talk of Thatcher to be very mixed.

That said, you'll find few people here who will celebrate her death. But then the British are in the best position to appreciate the depth of her wrongdoings. I rarely dance on graves, but I won't blame them for doing so.
That's a valid point you make about the Canadian women enjoying her for being a tough female politician who stands her ground, the only female leader we've had is Kim Campbell, and, well, surely you remember how that went I suppose I should have been less general in my statement. I find that people out east in Canada hold her in a relatively high regard. I've only been out west a few times and I certainly wasn't discussing Thatcher lol.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote