MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rousey on Fallon Fox: "She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it's still the

View Single Post

Old 04-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #112 (permalink)
deadmanshand
The Internet Prophet

deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
Great question deadman

To answer your question, dead, it is rather complex. The notion of not feeling like a man or a woman, at its core stems from gender dysphoria. Take me for example, because I hated my male body, it made me a lot more aware that I didn't feel like a man. Since most people don't suffer from gender dysphoria, they probably don't think of their sexual identity as a big deal, because they are ok with their body.
I am aware of the actual conditions (gender dysphoria and GID) involved and the technical definitions. The problem is that those are very clinical. They are a set of symptoms coupled with vague reasoning as to why. It doesn't help me to understand.

Specifically the bolded part is what confuses me. To my way of thinking - which admittedly is only vaguely close to what most people would consider sane on the best of days - this is the same as waking up and hating the fact that you have arms. I do understand hating aspects of your body as I have a rather rare genetic condition that contributed to my crippling but I can't quite wrap my head around hating your sexual identity.

In my development I have never undergone sexual confusion or a sense of gender dysphoria. I had other issues. Mostly anger related. So this line of thought is just alien to me and I'm trying hard to fully understand. Hopefully I am doing so in a respectful manner. I'll be honest. Tact is not my strong suit.