MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Fighters you have/had a lot of hope for

View Single Post

Old 04-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
420atalon
Super Heavyweight

420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Servatose View Post
Makes sense. I suppose I thought Condit would be better prepared with his TDD after having just trained for GSP. If I recall correctly, in the first round and a half, Condit was taken down with a fair amount of ease. I would liked to see him get a double-underhook clinch and work dirty boxing.

Lesnar's an interesting choice, I too admired his athleticism. His top control in Mir 2 was impressive. And of course the haymaker that shattered Herring's orbital.
Had you watched Condit prior to his fights in the UFC? I guess that is why I wasn't that disappointed with Condit's tdd because I knew it wasn't great nor never will be as he relies too much on his sweeps and submissions.

Another fighter that pops into my head is Marquardt, just never able to put all his skill together to be a truly great fighter.
420atalon is offline   Reply With Quote