MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Travis Browne vs. Gabriel Gonzaga Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #61 (permalink)
Voiceless
Welterweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Term View Post
I didn't really consider that but it was close to that wasn't it. I would have to watch it again to be sure, but thinking back it seemed close to what Jones got DQed for.
In that case I think it weren't. I was just adding that in support to Khoveraki's wish to get rid of the inbalance of tools in favor for wrestlers. I'd be ok with 12-6 elbows not being allowed from the mount to the face as the pointy elbow could do permanent damage to the eyes of the opponent, but in all other cases a ban doesn't really make sense and strips fighters off of an important striking tool when wrestlers hide behind forbidden target zones.

Also they definitely have to change that 3-point down rule. It's absolutely silly that fighters count as downed when they only reach out to touch the ground with their fingertip.