MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Chael Sonnen 'attacked' by Brazilian fan at TUF 17 Finale

View Single Post

Old 04-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Totally agree. As far as the general public are concerned, the US takes a lot of stick. Lots of banter. they are totally used to it by now. I suppose the most powerful country on earth will always be taken the piss out of. But generally, public figures best keep their mouths shut if they ever want to work in the US.

I was thinking about your second statement and you're right. I struggle to think of anything insulting to aim at the US that compared to what Sonnen said about Brazil! Give me time... Im sure I can think of something.

Australia, on the other hand, is a tome of excellent material.

Yeah saying that "Me and my Brazilian friends would sit inside and talk about technology,sports,news while the American kids would be outside playing in the mud" does not really have the same effect lol

I guess he could say Americans are fat or something but since Chael is in amazing shape that would just kinda seem like a stupid insult.

Perhaps the best insult would be to say that Americans are the most self absorbed people and think of themselves to be the center of the earth. That is true for a good amount of Americans and with the way Sonnen behaved it would add legitimacy to the insult.