MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Frank Mir has more ways to win the fight than Cormier

View Single Post

Old 04-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
GDPofDRB
Welterweight

GDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World Renown
It's Daniel's fight to lose imo.

I think Cormier is a deserving favorite. Closest comparable fighter to him today is the best HW in the world and his training partner/coach/student. Cook and Vasquez do a great job getting these big guys prepared to succeed.

It will be interesting to see if Mir's talk about him being in actual shape and having a modern fight camp will prove true. Mir at Jackson/Winklejon's trying to keep up with Jones and Browne should be beneficial for him, but I see Cormier getting a decisive win.

Mir is a danger to finish if he gets an opportunity but he has a matchup problem with Daniel in the boxing and rolling department. Cormier will be able to be where he wants to be for the most part on the mat. I see this going down a lot like Cormier vs Barnett who is arguably better or at least around the same level as Mir in striking and submission grappling.

I have a few bucks on R2 TKO by Cormier. Mir has outs, but I predict trouble for him and a shaky survival to see the 2nd round where he will not last long once in it.

I know it's easy to point to him breaking Big Nogs arm, but I can't shake the fact that he was getting lit up pretty bad just seconds before that. Dan isn't going to try anything cute with subs when he knock Mir over.
GDPofDRB is online now   Reply With Quote