MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Fights to make after UFC on Fox 7

View Single Post

Old 04-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
Josh Thompson vs Gilbert Melendez IV - I was going back and forth on Melendez or Dos Anjos but I think a three round co-main event is what both guys deserve. I think it's conceivable that these guy could have a best of seven series and as long as the fights are good and they in the top ten... then go for it.

Frank Mir vs Stefan Struve - I like the Browne fight but at two loses Mir needs a winnable fight. After that feed him to Overeem and Browne and end his career.

Daniel Cormier vs Junior Dos Santos - I believe with a win Werdum/Velasquez makes the most sense. I think Junior is still a fight or two away from the title this would be a good title eliminator.

Nate Diaz vs Diego Sanchez - Diego wants both Sanchez brothers, Diaz wants a WW test give them a catch-weight fight and the winner moves up and the loser drops to the prelims.

Matt Brown vs Robbie Lawler - Brown deserves a top ten guy and Lawler is arguably the softest option for him. I'm not sold on Robbie yet as he looked so bad at the end of his Strikeforce run.

Jordan Mein vs Duane Ludwig - I don't know if Ludwig is retired but this would be a fantastic going away fight for him.

Francis Carmount vs Chris Cammozi II - Francis is on a five fight "win" streak, Cammozzi is on a four fight "win" streak neither belongs in the title picture knock one of them out.

TJ Dillashaw vs Michael Macdonald - TJ has just been the divisions mini-monster I would give him a shot at a top five guy in Macdonald, if he can get past him he should be in the title mix.

Chad Mendes vs loser of Pettis/Aldo - I don't think Chad is going to get another shot and fighters will keep getting "injured" before his fights so give him the loser of the title fight, and then the loser of the next title fight and then give him his title shot.

Joseph Benavidez vs Jon Dodson - kind of a given, though I would like to see John Lineker as a replacement if either guy falls through.
John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote