MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Fights to make after UFC on Fox 7

View Single Post

Old 04-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
GDPofDRB
Lightweight

GDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World RenownGDPofDRB Is World Renown
Edgar vs Melendez is the fight I want most.

Before Henderson got his first shot at Edgar, Melendez was lobbying for that fight and I thought he was the more worthy candidate without hesitation. Strikeforce ended up staying in business for another year and the fight never happened. Judging by the respect Melendez was getting around the webz going into yesterdays fight I'm going to make the assumption that a lot of fans didn't know he was a wrecking ball in japan at 143 pounds in the early years of his career. He gave Takaya his first loss out there and got a big upset of Sato. He was the Number 1 ranked Featherweight in the world in 2005 heading in to 2006 before he moved to 155 in Strikeforce. Edgar vs Melendez is a big fight and would set up a Melendez Showdown with Aldo or Pettis should he win among other big fights.

also, from a different site,

Posted by CroCop37

Thomson - Nurmagomedov/ Trujillo winner

I'm very intrigued by this idea.
GDPofDRB is offline   Reply With Quote