MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Q&A With MMAF's Own Transgender Woman, Cowgirl

View Single Post

Old 04-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #24 (permalink)
Cookie Monster
The Chosen One

Cookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaswe82 View Post
Thx for the answers. Regarding question 1 I just want to specify that I didn't mean feminine personality. More regarding facial features. Because you really do look like a proper woman. To make an example I think Justin Bieber would make a better woman than say Russel Crowe. Where you more of a Bieber than a Crowe so to say. Bad example because of the age difference maybe but you get my point.
Point recieved, I wouldn't go as far as to say I had feminine facial features, more of a neutral or soft masculine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Just a short one as I'm curious, are you happier post-op than you were before? Not like people in your peer group reinforcing happiness, I mean like your own everyday feelings free from external bias, if you can separate it and analyze as such.

What pluses and minuses did you face both before and after, from the perspective of how this change affected your life?

And thanks for sharing.
Well that's a very interesting question, I hope I do it justice in answering it.

I would say I am the happiest I've been in a long time, and a major part of that is definitely the steps I've taken to become a woman. Based on my own everyday feelings, I don't even think it's measurable how much more happy I am since I started this process.

Probably the biggest plus in all of this is that I can look at myself in the mirror now and finally feel like I look how I feel. Also, hearing my name out loud no longer makes me subtly sick to my stomach.

A major negative from before hand was all of the beatings I took for being 'disgusting.' Though that negative has carried over, as I detailed in my latest blog post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
How does your family feel about your transformation? Did you lose any friends because of it? Experience any hate crimes? Where do you stand on religion?
They are fairly accepting, it was weird at first for them, but they came around. I lost several friends over this, they claimed they knew what I wanted and that it wasn't this, or they refused to acknowledge the transformation. One former friend actually said to me when I confronted him about still calling me by my birth name "I can't ******* do it, I respect the hell out of Dylan/Daphne, but I don't feel like I should have to change the way I speak to it to show said respect." It wasn't long after that message that we stopped being friends. As I said in my last blog post again, I received a number of beatings over this. I am a Buddhist.

Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote