Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Best way to gain 15 pounds

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  americaisbest 
#1 ·
For some reason i lost 15 pds since my first pro fight and i was wondering what is a good way to get my weight back to 205 like it was in my previous fight. I still train and lift regularly i just lost some lbs some reason. Any pointers would be great cuz im new to the game and keeping weight. I would appreciate help from someone who actually fights though cuz they prolly no the most.

#2 ·
whats your diet look like? If you really want to add muscle mass as weight. Then get a good protein shake suplement. like 45 grams of protein per serving or higher. Take one erving 1-2hrs before you lift and another serving 30-45mins after you lift. And if you want to one for breakfast. But try not to exceed 1gram of protein per lb of your body weight, per day.

I have a shake thats 55grams of protein per serving, I take 2 day like i said around my workout. Thats 110 grams per day and I weight 198 or so.

I like to keep it at around 1/2 gram per lb body weight for myself. But the pro lifters can take as much as 1.5grams....at that % alot of the protein is wasted anyway.

#3 ·
thanks 4 help

I have protein b4 and after but i dont have those shakes i should get those. I heard they got a lot of protein. I usually just eat a huge ham and chese b4 and after i workout.

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.