MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Illegal elbow rocked Chael

View Single Post

Old 04-29-2013, 04:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
AlphaDawg
Super Heavyweight

AlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By All
Illegal elbow rocked Chael?

So I just noticed Jones rocked Chael with a questionable elbow. Not arguing that Jones needed to cheat to win, just sayin' it happened. Here's a gif of it. Looks 12-6 to me.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wbvf4IsqDZ...kM/s1600/1.gif (gif is too big for me to post directly, had to use URL)

Am I late to the party or is this something new? I haven't seen anyone even acknowledge it yet.

EDIT:

Official Rule
Quote:
Striking downward using the point of the elbow. All elbow strikes are legal except for an elbow that is thrown in a downward trajectory (hand traveling from 12 o’clock to 6 o’clock). Any elbow thrown with an arc is a legal elbow. The point of the elbow may be used as striking instrument as well as the forearm or the tricep area of the arm.”

His hand is traveling from 12-6, there is no arc and only the point of the elbow lands.
AlphaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote