MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Now that Jason Collins came out...

View Single Post

Old 05-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
osmium
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful

osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Exactly. This isnt the 70's. Any straight thinking person of today is going to assume there are gay sportsmen and athletes. It stands to reason, obviously. Do I need to know who they are? No I don't. I don't want to know any fecking thing about any sportsmans love life. I have zero interest.

I can understand the need to do this decades ago, when the population generally believed no male sportsman could possibly be gay. But, its 20-fecking-13 for fecks sake.
It is important for gay kids to have out role models who can let them know it is alright as well as to see that star athletes they look up to like a Lebron being in support of them. You should try to find an interview or article by John Amaechi where he talks about his work with kids.

There is still a large scale dehumanization campaign against homosexuals going on. While I don't personally care who is or isn't gay or find it shocking that there are gay people in all walks of life that doesn't reflect the importance of it to others.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote