MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Now that Jason Collins came out...

View Single Post

Old 05-02-2013, 04:12 AM   #25 (permalink)
orangekoolaid
MMA Fanatic

orangekoolaid is a glorious beacon of lightorangekoolaid is a glorious beacon of lightorangekoolaid is a glorious beacon of lightorangekoolaid is a glorious beacon of lightorangekoolaid is a glorious beacon of lightorangekoolaid is a glorious beacon of lightorangekoolaid is a glorious beacon of lightorangekoolaid is a glorious beacon of lightorangekoolaid is a glorious beacon of lightorangekoolaid is a glorious beacon of lightorangekoolaid is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Exactly. This isnt the 70's. Any straight thinking person of today is going to assume there are gay sportsmen and athletes. It stands to reason, obviously. Do I need to know who they are? No I don't. I don't want to know any fecking thing about any sportsmans love life. I have zero interest.

I can understand the need to do this decades ago, when the population generally believed no male sportsman could possibly be gay. But, its 20-fecking-13 for fecks sake.
I think it's more for their sake. Finally feeling they don't have to keep something which is obviously very important to them supressed. Rather than just wanting to let you know they're gay in case you're interested.

The fact that shit like this still makes headlines, shows that there still is an issue. Highlighting it will be more benificial in the long run than ignoring it is.
orangekoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote