MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Arnie: "MMA is my favorite sport"

View Single Post

Old 05-04-2013, 01:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Arnie: "MMA is my favorite sport"

Guess who's a fan of the sport. If you get a chance read his book Total Recall. It's a great read. He's accomplished the American Dream x 10. Anderson now has another 80's action star to add to his list of fans.

April 27th 2013

Bodybuilding icon, former Governor of California and still sometime action movie star Arnold Schwarzenegger has declared MMA to be his favorite sport.

He is in Brazil this weekend and will be present at Jungle Fight 51. He spoke with GLOBOEsporte about the growing popularity of the sport in Brazil and elsewhere. He also emphasized the importance of weightlifting for fighters preparation.

“It is definitely popular. All UFC fighters are very high-profile in the United States, even more than boxers,” he said.

“MMA is more fun, and most important, they train so much for it. Fighters lift a lot of weight. During the fights they need to be carrying those heavy bodies in wrestling and they have to be in great shape to do that.”

Arnold is in Rio de Janeiro to promote the first edition of his ‘Arnold Classic’ event there. The event was carried out today and Schwarznegger also complimented local legends from MMA and expressed his desire to meet them personally.

“Anderson Silva has a reason to get all this success. He is fantastic at what he does. I like [Rodrigo Nogueira] Minotauro, too. I am in Brazil and I would also to like to meet him.”

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...avorite-sportq

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote