MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Thiago Alves returns vs Matt Brown, Ufc on FS1 (Aug 17, Boston)

View Single Post

Old 05-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
HitOrGetHit
WEC For Life

HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Really think so?

Brown is a rangy guy. Alves isn't at all. Alves does have nice kicks, but his hands fall well short of his kicks. I think he gets overrated as a striker really. How long has he been out?

His kicks will be negated if Brown is pushing the pace like he does. I think Brown has much better hands.
Alves has been out for some times so that is definitely something to consider. But if Alves comes in looking sharp, I think he will destroy Brown standing. The layoff could be a big thing though and Brown is on a pretty good run right now so I could very well end up eating my words.

"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote