MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Kongo's profile removed from UFC.com

View Single Post

Old 05-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #45 (permalink)
_CaptainRon
Bantamweight

_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Kongo was never a top striker. He has done very little to say so. His striking is basically a myth. That is why he resorted to wall, stall, nut maul.
I agree completely. Rogan and Goldie would always tout him as this great kickboxer early during his UFC career, but I never really saw it. And once he figured out to wrestle a bit, all he did was use his strength and athleticism to pin guys against the cage. Of the Zuffa era UFC, he's also been the dirtiest fighter, holding the cage, grabbing opponents shorts, and numerous low blows. Good riddance.

I also would mind them axing Schaub and Dave 'I have no ******* excuse fighting in the UFC' Herman.