MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Kongo's profile removed from UFC.com

View Single Post

Old 05-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #50 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
He has great kicks in his kickboxing fights, and yes his clinch is good too. His titles and video don't lie. His problem in the octagon is fear of TD's suppressing his kicks against all but purist strikers and lack of defense vs punchers... and the fact that a good clinch means something totally different when you're clinching with a powerful wrestler who wants to put you on your back. You really should just read the article. Slack is a very astute striking analyst.
I will have to read the article when I get a second. But Kongo's defense sucks.

You talk about how he is scared of the TD. But his last 8 fights he hasn't fought 1 single wrestler. Other than Cain he hasn't fought 1 decent wrestler his whole UFC career. How many times has he even been wrestled other than vs. Cain???

I'm not that up on his kickboxing resume. I know he had a solid record. But I don't know if it was good competition. All I know is he is not a good striker in the MMA world. He is serviceable standing, but I wouldn't call him any better than that.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote