who wins?

• Hollywood Henderson

Votes: 45 45.5%
  • Rampage Jackson

Votes: 54 54.5%

Hendo or Rampage??

2K views 41 replies 30 participants last post by  Punishment 101 
#1 ·
this imo is a very interesting match up i dont really see hendo getting the better of the stand up in this fight but i think he could use his wrestling and control rampage for a decision its tough to call and i dont want to make a bias decision based on that crazy KO Rampage just had on Liddell

what are your thoughts?

Reactions: wukkadb
#2 ·
too tough to call...but gut tells me tho Rampage because i dont see Hendo winning by KO, only by decision since Rampage has that granite chin (altho Hendo has one as well) and is riding a high in his career while Hendo is a small 205...Hendo can decision Rampage with his wrestling, i agree with that, but I just think Rampage wins the fight...

#5 ·
sove said:
Henderson will kill Rampage. Liddell is a 1-dimensional fighter. Rampage is a 2-dimensional fighter. Henderson is on a whole notha level...
hendo isnt really that well versed either he has good stand up and great wrestling but thats about it hes a relatively small 205 pounder and there has been criticsim on his cardio...

#7 ·
this fight will be way to close to call...Rampage has great wrestling,so does Hendo. Rampage can strike, so can Hendo. Hendo has bricks for fists, Rampage has incredible slams. I refuse to bet on this one but if i was forced to make a pick i would take Rampage only for personal bias reasons

#8 ·
Rampage has done nothing to impress me against any top level fighters other then Chuck. I guarantee Dan would destroy Rampage, and since this fight is supposedly the next LHW title fight to happen, I have no qualms backing it up as much as i can.

#10 ·
As ive stated in another thread: Hendo has lost to almost the whole PRIDE 205 elite, including li'l NOG, Arona and Wandy. He's at least slightly overrated as a 205.er and his credebility relies on the fact that he roughened up a already roughened up wandy.. That's what I think anyways.

#13 ·
Wise said:
Rampage has done nothing to impress me against any top level fighters other then Chuck. I guarantee Dan would destroy Rampage, and since this fight is supposedly the next LHW title fight to happen, I have no qualms backing it up as much as i can.
you could almost say the same for hendo he hasnt done anything too impressive at LHW other than KO wanderlei except wanderlei wasnt on a 7 fight win streak all by TKO/KOs and like someone else said Hendo has lost to a fair bit of the top fighters at LHW and while were on the topic of hendo i dont think he really deserved the shot at wanderlei anyway considering all he did to earn it was beat vitor belfort :confused05: and he hasnt defended his MW title and its been way over a year

infact its kinda retarded he's going for yet another title when he has 2 undefended titles

#14 ·
Henderson will most likey beat Rampage. He is a better fighter. Dont get me wrong I have been saying Rampage was gonna kick chucks ass for the last month or so but I dont think he will be able to take henderson out. Henderson with 3 belts.... until he fights Shogun and Paulo Filho.

#17 ·
I think that Hendo is one of the best MMA wrestlers out there. I mean he uses his wrestling the best in an MMA situation and he is also becoming a great striker. He is small though at 205 but I think his big weakness is elite BJJ guys and Quinton is certainly not that. I have Hendo by decision or TKO.

#18 · (Edited)
Wise said:
I agree. Dan Henderson is one of the most talented fighters in MMA right now, he reminds me of Randy Couture. His fight vs Big Nog was amazing. Rampage's wrestling is nowhere near Hendo's and Henderson's stand up is good enough to stand with Rampage

#19 ·
jdun11 said:
I think Rampage will win this fight but it will be close. Look for a high paced slug fest that has Ramapge edging out a decision. I wish it was Shogun instead of Hendo tho :thumbsdown:
i smell another decision bet i mean only if your man enough to pay up for the last one

#22 ·
southpaw447 said:
I don't know why people think hendo is so badass after beating an out of his prime, and sick wandy. Rampage by 2nd round TKO
How about going 3 rounds with big nog and escaping submission after submission after submission? Or how about KOing Chonan in like 12 seconds?

#24 ·
I went with Hendo because he has really good wrestling, good standup, hands like cement, and a solid chin.

Lindland gave Rampage shitfits, as did other grapplers in the past. The only difference is that this grappler hits very freakin' hard. I do, however, wish it were Shogun that was fighting Rampage, because I'd love to see him decimate Rampage again, and finally become champion. But I digress...

#25 ·
this is a tough fight for both men , hendo can stand up with anybody so i dont see rampage dominating the stand-up because of the ability to slam i dont see hendo dominating the ground, this will certinly NOT be a typical UFC reality tv-show talent match both men are pros and both solid fighters i will go with hendo because he has been the man as far as i am concerned since his first fight with wandy he can find a way to win.

#26 ·
benny said:
this is a tough fight for both men , hendo can stand up with anybody so i dont see rampage dominating the stand-up because of the ability to slam i dont see hendo dominating the ground, this will certinly NOT be a typical UFC reality tv-show talent match both men are pros and both solid fighters i will go with hendo because he has been the man as far as i am concerned since his first fight with wandy he can find a way to win.
Don't forget, Hendo is a 2 time Olympic wrestler. Although Rampage has good slams, Hendo can/will take down Rampage just as easily (I think)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.