MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Muay Thai Kick Exercises

View Single Post

Old 05-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
Voiceless
Middleweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Watch out for your weight distribution. You stand flat footed and seem to have weight on your heels. You even pivoted on your heel and lifted the front foot. So keep your weight on the balls of your feet. If you keep forgetting about that, you could stick a little edged stone or so with tape under you heel so you always get reminded to put your weight on the balls of your feet.

And I wouldn't recommend kicking trees, unless you want to have knee problems in a couple of years. In Thailand they sometime kick banana trees which are rather soft and give in, but if you try it with i.e. an oak, a big part of the kicking energy gets back to you leg and its weakest part which is the knee. A water filled plastic bin would be ok as it would give in when kicked. But it would still be better to use a heavy bag or a BOB.

All in all I still recommend not to train on your own yet and instead work more with your coach who can give you live corrections.

Last edited by Voiceless : 05-09-2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: typo
Voiceless is online now   Reply With Quote