MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Muay Thai Kick Exercises

View Single Post

Old 05-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
Withers
MMA Fanatic

Withers has a little shameless behaviour in the pastWithers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
nice, man. You look like you are improving a bit. don't worry about trying to kick high until your technique is better, just keep practising low kicks and body kicks. practise the wide forward step (kinda like a diagonal direction) with your right foot and throw the left leg into it. You can step forward with your left and throw a right kick better aswell.

It doesn't look like your guard is strong at all, if we were wearing gloves and I hit your glove, you would basically punch your own face. Just focus on keeping your arms strong.
thanks a lot man. you are right my guard in those videos was basically non-existent. is there anything im doing blatantly wrong in these videos with my kicks? am i hitting with the right part of my shin? my coach always keeps stressing me to "stay tall" when im kicking and to not be ashamed of my height. he also explains that the kick is like a baseball bat. was i high enough on my toes when throwing the kicks? thanks a lot man im having tons of fun and now my shins don't hurt when i hit the bag haha
Withers is offline   Reply With Quote