MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Is bjj dead?

Thread: Is bjj dead?
View Single Post

Old 05-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
Machoman
Banned

Machoman has a spectacular aura aboutMachoman has a spectacular aura aboutMachoman has a spectacular aura aboutMachoman has a spectacular aura aboutMachoman has a spectacular aura aboutMachoman has a spectacular aura aboutMachoman has a spectacular aura aboutMachoman has a spectacular aura aboutMachoman has a spectacular aura aboutMachoman has a spectacular aura aboutMachoman has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
This is so wrong I am almost not sure where to begin. Jon Jones does not have a transcendent submission game. He doesn't even have great submission defense and his actual submissions are all based off his build rather than skill. In every fight he makes basic bjj mistakes when he's on top of an opponent that a good bjj practitioner could take advantage of. Especially with the positioning of his arms. It's what Vitor and his camp saw and tried to exploit. Almost all of his submission victories have been based off a physical advantage (the length of his arms for the guillotines) and the condition of his opponent (Rampage and Bader gassing, Machida stunned, etc).

So I would give him having a killer instinct for strikes and submissions I wouldn't say he has a great bjj game. Especially considering he made the same mistakes against Sonnen as he did that almost got him caught against Vitor. I think he doesn't have a great spacial sense for his own body. It would explain why his striking doesn't seem to get better.
Way too long. As far as posts go. Noone read this.