MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Silva and bones picture, side to side (both are in shape)

View Single Post

Old 05-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
420atalon
Super Heavyweight

420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWP View Post
i dunno he looks considerably bigger to me

i think its just that im used to anderson being atleast equal size or bigger than his opponants
Jones looks bigger then everyone he fights. It is all because of his extremely long legs and arms. Look at his torso, Silva actually has a longer torso, his hips are noticeably lower then Jones' but his shoulders are only slightly lower. Thickness wise Silva looks to be thicker as well. The only significant difference is that Jones' legs and arms are 3-4 inches shorter(and skinnier as well).

Jones' frame and reach do give him advantages, they are pretty much what makes him such a special fighter. All I am stating is weight wise these guys aren't that different whereas some people believe there would be a 20-30 lb weight difference between them on fight night.

This fight if it happens comes down to skill and natural abilities. If Jones wins it is because of his freak body build and wrestling. If Silva wins it is because of his striking, experience and jiu jitsu.
420atalon is offline   Reply With Quote