MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hey all im new here, some help would be greatly appreciated!

View Single Post

Old 05-28-2007, 07:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
SteSteez
Flyweight

SteSteez is on a distinguished roadSteSteez is on a distinguished roadSteSteez is on a distinguished roadSteSteez is on a distinguished roadSteSteez is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzee
Thanks a lot, I appreciate you writing all that for me...

now I may not be the biggest guy, but I fear nobody and consider myself very tough and strong for my age. its not all about size for me don’t get that impression at all, its just I feel I need to gain a little bit more weight to be a bit bigger as im not really happy with my apparel (body wise). Girls in my year may think it’s a nice look, but I want to be that bit bigger just to feel comfortable in my own state of mind and increase my strength...

I have a few questions though, sorry if there unbelievably stupid

• Are there some snacks you could recommend?

• The tuna and pasta…Is the pasta better with tomato sauce, cheese, or just plain and tuna???

• Are certain types of fish better then others? What are some good ones? Are any bad for you (probably not, just making sure lol)??

• When im about to do a workout what should I eat prior to it and what should I eat after (carbs, proteins etc)

• Are protein shakes really all that? Could they count as one of the six meals you mentioned?

Sorry for sooo many questions just preparing myself

Any other input would be greatly appreciated, thank you all
Yea don't worry about it kid, that big monster you see in the corner of the gym lifting 200kilo was once in the same position as you.... Knowledge is Strength.

Snacks i'd recommend checking this
Glycemic Index & A List Of Common Foods

They have this G.I index, with a low G.I index being better.

Start ny picking something with low GI to go along with the meal... remember smaller portions at more intervals throughout the day... not big portions three times a day.

And me personally i can eat tuna on its own straight from the tin as a quick meal, however buy some hellmans mayonnaise, and mix this with your tuna/pasta... there you have carbs (pasta) tuna (protein) and mayo (fat)... this gains size like theres no tommorow.

Theres bad in everything... but overall most fish to my knowledge is ok to eat, however scientists have found high levels of mercury in fish such as salmon... but i wouldnt worry to much.
Avoid fish thats battered, this is shit.
tuna is dirt cheap as is tins of salmon, tesco etc do buy one get one free on tins of tuna

For working out hmmm well its about you as an individual, and we are different people, however myself i prefer to eat a few bananas before (30min) a workout.
Fruit is very important, use it to your advantage..
When you wanna snack of chocolate/crisps whatever, grab a banana/apple something instead.

After your workout well a tuna/pasta/mayo dish again crops up, perfect.. or maybe some grilled chicken with a jacket potato/salad.
jacket potatoes are quick and you can add some fillings quick (maybe tuna/mayo)...

Yes i would recommend protein shakes, but the prices some of these companies charge are ridiculous... you could venture out and make your own shake recipes (bodybuilding dungeon) if you wanted to...
If you have some money lying around, i'd recommend Maximuscle Cyclone for building size & strength.
Maximuscle Cyclone | An 'all in one' supplement for better health and fitness
its expensive shit though, so try one tub, if your happy, order more (the more tubs you order the cheaper it goes).

And i'd recommend a shake like less than 5min after a workout.

If your eating a meal with not alot of protein/carbs then grab a shake and drink it alongside your meal... and no i wouldnt recommend just drinking a shake as a meal replacement.