MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Silva and bones picture, side to side (both are in shape)

View Single Post

Old 05-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #33 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
I don't think age is affecting Anderson all that much. I'm certain he's slowed down a tad, but to coin a phrase, the man ages like a fine wine. He's had one lacklustre performance in the past however many years, and he even managed to win that. He's taken so little damage that he's aging far better than most.

As per your cheap GSP jab, at least Georges has never crumbled in the face of injury. Poor Andy hurts his ribs and almost loses a title fight. GSP tears his groin/fights with a flu and injured achilles and still dominates.

I guess we know who the true warrior is
I'm not saying Anderson is anything close to Muhammad Ali at the end of his career. But at 38 and possibly 39 he defiantly isn't the athlete he once was. And against a monster athlete like Jones...that sort of hurts. Either way 38 is 38. He is still great at that age unlike guys like Penn, Hughes, and so on. But 38 is still rather old. Especially when facing a bigger man who is in his physical prime. It isn't an excuse. It is just reality.

GSP?
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote