Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

gettin into mma

3K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  The Don 
#1 ·
hey i was wondering if eny of you know how to go about gettin into mma i live in the uk and have done a little boxing thats it i would love to give mma a go as i love the sport to death can enyone piont me in the right direction is there like mma schools you can go to or do i have to like train in varios styles

#27 ·
ok yea I can totally agree with that with judo being my base art I found it very helpful when I took other styles, espically when taking throws or being thrown I knew how to react and was not shocked by hitting the ground when thrown where most people take a second or two to react where unless the throw was exceptionaly hard or I just landed wrong which is rare to my judo training I react faster then most expect me to

#30 ·
Wrestling takedowns require no real form (this is from years of experience in Roman-Greco and freestyle). All they do is throw your strength against your opponents limbs. If your opponent is allowed to use strikes, which they aren't in wrestling competitions, you will get your face broken.

Example: Terry Martin v Sandman If you rush in like an idiot thinking that you can just trample another MMA fighter you will probably get destroyed. Judo throws require clinching first, which protects you from punches, and then removes your opponent from their base, which means you don't have to use nearly as much muscle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.