Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Nate Diaz calls Bryan Caraway 'biggest f*g in the world'

6K views 71 replies 38 participants last post by  Sportsman 2.0 
#1 ·
Nate Diaz calls Bryan Caraway 'biggest *** in the world' for accepting submission of the night bonus

By Mookie Alexander on May 16 2013, 3:58p 

UFC lightweight Nate Diaz is not happy at all with Pat Healy losing his bonus money after testing positive for marijuana, and he is incredibly displeased with Bryan Caraway for "accepting" his unexpected Submission of the Night award.

Nate Diaz went to twitter to express his frustrations over fellow UFC lightweight Pat Healy losing his UFC 159 FOTN and SOTN bonuses after testing positive for marijuana. Bryan Caraway, who fought Johnny Bedford earlier in the night, received the SOTN money instead. Diaz voiced his opinion in typical Diaz brother fashion:

Nathan Diaz
I feel bad for pat Healy that they took a innocent mans money and I think the guy who took the money is the biggest *** in the world ..

Diaz originally said "the opponent who took it is the biggest *** I've ever heard of" before deleting the tweet. He then amended and reposted the tweet you see in the article, effectively clarifying that it is indeed Caraway who is the "biggest *** in the world". At a guess, he's not referring to Caraway as a British term for cigarette.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/5/1...yan-caraway-biggest-***-in-the-world-mma-news

#40 ·
Sometimes (every time) I think political correctness is a means for racist, homophobic and sexist people to censor themselves. Obviously they must think everybody else uses words in the same hateful manner. Most of the time a word is just a word.

PC or not, don't let your boss hear about it you, Nate you dumbass.

#41 ·
Sometimes (every time) I think political correctness is a means for racist, homophobic and sexist people to censor themselves. Obviously they must think everybody else uses words in the same hateful manner. Most of the time a word is just a word.
Yeah that's another thing, I would rather know up front what people are really like instead of hiding it all under political correctness, bill o reilly could be in lovely with nazi propaganda for all we know.

#42 ·
Pretty sure Amare Stoudemire on the Knicks got fined for calling someone else that. Most people in life cant say that in front if their boss and get away with it. And lol @ the idea of any mid range fighter or person on the planet turning down a 65K bonus. It is deservingly his by default.

#54 ·
He does. If the fight is a no contest, then the submission is invalid. So therefore if he had the only submission, he would automatically get submission of the night. On the Nog/Couture card I remember there being one guy who got a submission so he automatically got the award. That would be like there being a raffle and only one person draws their name into the hat, they'd be the automatic winner. Nate Diaz is just a moron and can't grasp the concept of someone claiming they should be awarded $65,000, getting it, and being happy with it.

#46 ·
It's clear that this episode was the last drop to overfill the bow of crap. Nate has a long list of misbehaviors that only appear not being so bad because he is Nick's brother.
It's just like in your company. You hear somebody was sacked supposely for something silly, but in the end, there was a long list of wrongdoings never disclosed for ethical or other reasons.

#47 ·
This very forum will ban you for calling another member a f@g. I struggle to think of a sport that wont come down heavy on any of its competitors calling on of their peers a f@g. It's been long established that you dont say that shit in earshot of the public if you are involved in major TV sports.

Sure, if you dont want to be a celebrity. Get the sponsorships. Make the big money. etc. Then go right ahead and insult whoever you want. But if you want your job in the biggest MMA organization in the world and want to be paid well, then shut your fecking gob and tow the line.

Why are you doing this Nate? I usually love the way you roll, but since the Thomson fight, you've said some dumb shit.

#49 ·
5 years old bro. No national tv. No worries.

Look, this is nothing to do with hypocrisy. The UFC has signed a deal with Fox. The climate has changed. Doesnt matter if you hate gay people or not. Thats your decision and you have every right to feel however. But if you sign a contract that tells you to shut your cakehole, then you shut it. If you want to be free to say what you want, then dont sign the fecking contract.

Dana signed it. And he hasn't said anything caveman since. I'm sure he wants to... but he hasn't.

#51 ·
This is ******* pathetic srsly... ffs , suspending a fighter for insulting another fighter ?? since when its that a suspension cause , they insult eachother every time ffs... this is just ridiculos god damn , ******* pathetic for ufc

#52 ·
I personally am starting to think Nate did this to get released. Even though both brothers are known to say some dumb shit, Nate usually only does closer to fight time and against people he is fighting. I think Nate wants to fight in Nicks new promotion and this is all Cesar Gracie scheming.

/tin foil hat

#53 ·
If I had a chance to work for the biggest and best paying company in my industry, and their contract stipulated that I'm not allowed to ever say the word "sausage"? Guess what... I would sign the fecking thing and I would not say sausage. It's not rocket science.

These fighters are plain dumb. They want the big fights. They want the sponsors. They want the money. As if those things come with no conditions at all.

Political correctness is irrelevant. We are all free to hate on whatever demographic we choose. That's our right, thank heavens. But to expect anybody who employs you to not give a shit about anything you say in the workplace? Stupidity of the highest order.

#56 ·
Remember when Budweiser threatened to pull its advertising dollars from the UFC over fighter conduct?

Because Nate didn't.

#58 ·
UFC suspends Nate Diaz for 90 days, fines him $20,000 for derogatory tweet
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on May 17, 2013 at 8:45 pm ET

A day after handing Nate Diaz an indefinite suspension pending an investigation, the UFC has come up with its terms for the recent lightweight title challenger.

Diaz (16-9 MMA, 11-7 UFC) has been suspended for 90 days and fined $20,000 by the UFC for violating the company's fighter code of conduct. The UFC, in a statement released Friday, said the $20,000 fine will be donated to charity.

"The language used in his tweet was regrettable, offensive and inconsistent with the values and culture of the organization, and is not tolerated," the statement read.

Diaz on Thursday took to his Twitter account in response to the news that Pat Healy had tested positive for marijuana and been suspended – and that the $130,000 in bonus money he got after his UFC 159 win over Jim Miller this past month would be lost.

But the crux of Diaz's offense was when he called UFC bantamweight Bryan Caraway a derogatory term of homosexuals. With Healy losing his $65,000 "Submission of the Night" bonus from UFC 159, Caraway, the only other fighter with a submission on that card, received it instead.

"I feel bad for pat Healy that they took a innocent mans money and I think the guy who took the money is the biggest F-g in the world," Diaz wrote on Twitter. Though the tweet remained up for a while, it since has been removed from Diaz's timeline.

Not long after Diaz's tweet on Thursday, UFC President Dana White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the fighter would be fined and suspended – or possibly released from the promotion. Later Thursday night, UFC officials issued a statement that said the company had suspended Diaz pending an investigation, and then

“We are very disappointed by Nate Diaz’s comments, which are in no way reflective of our organization," the Thursday statement read. "Nate is currently suspended pending internal investigation, and we will provide further comment once the matter has been decided.”

And that matter now will be the 90-day suspension, effective immediately, and the $20,000 fine. That should make Diaz eligible to fight again on Aug. 15, two days prior to its first event on the new FOX Sports 1 cable network.

Diaz this past month at UFC on FOX 7 was knocked out for the first time in his career when Josh Thomson upset him in San Jose, Calif. That loss came on the heels of a lightweight title fight setback to champion Benson Henderson at UFC on FOX 5 in December.

Diaz's suspension is just the latest for a UFC fighter involving potential offensive language on social media or in the media in general. In 2011, the UFC released bantamweight Miguel Torres for tweeting a joke making light of ****, though it later reinstated the fighter after he apologized. And earlier this year, the UFC suspended and fined heavyweight Matt Mitrione for comments he made about transgender fighter Fallon Fox. White didn't reveal the amount of the fine, and Mitrione's suspension lasted about three weeks.

Diaz has not yet commented publicly about the suspension, fine or the tweet itself.
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...-90-days-fines-him-20000-for-derogatory-tweet

#60 ·
20k? Really? The insult was directed at a straight guy with a hot girlfriend, and the guy didn't even care. Caraway himself said "Everyone is entitled to their opinion." If he doesn't care, why the **** should anyone else? Just a bunch of sensitive retards making a fuss over nothing. You're offended? Boo hoo, get over it. That's life. He could have went on some rant about how he hates black people and misses slavery, I wouldn't care. Sure I'd think he's an idiot, but by no means would he deserve to be punished for speaking his mind on a social media outlet made for speaking your mind.

#61 ·
You really dont get it do you? Tell you what, maybe one day you'll be in charge of a billion dollar sports franchise. Maybe one day you'll be signed up to a major TV network. Maybe one day one of your very well paid fighters will go ahead, break their contracts with said TV network and say something totally dumb in public. Then we'll see if you do something about it or not.

*sigh*... some people in this thread are acting like this is some kind of spit in the eye of human rights. Its not. Nate Diaz can say whatever he wants. He can think whatever he wants. Hes 100% free to do that. Hes also 100% free to work for whoever he wants. Somebody with a contract that allows him to say whatever he fancies without any fear. But he *chose* to fight for the UFC and FOX.

Its got feck all to do with political correctness. Anybody doing any job needs to adhere to their contract, regardless whether they argee with whats written in it or not. It's that simple. Its not politics. Its business.

He ought to have used 'fanny bandit'. It comes across as less offensive/hostile.
... and considerably more amusing. :laugh:

#67 ·
I forgot about the brawl. Yes count that up as 1 instance of misconduct. That I know from him. When his teammate was being harassed after a win by a drunk fighter who wasn't even supposed to be in the cage. Yes it looks bad. Strikeforce was more to blame for letting a tanked Mayhem in there when he had no business being there. But yes, he reacted and was apart of it.

What is your point with the picture though? So smoking marijuana legally is a crime or a misbehavior? Hmm...

Jon Jones has a longer/worse list of misbehaviors, yet he is looked upon as a great champ.

Nick has had his handful of real problems he has caused. But Nate really hasn't, other than being apart of a dumb brawl that shouldn't of happened. Where respected guys like Gil and Shields reacted to as well.

#68 ·
What is your point with the picture though? So smoking marijuana legally is a crime or a misbehavior? Hmm...
That was just a joke I wrote about you referring to ppl calling him a criminal. No biggy. As I said before, I don't think he is.
I can't approve his conduct because for me this is a sport and I believe he doesn't really knows the meaning of sportsmanship. That's all. What do you like about this guy anyway?

Jon Jones has a longer/worse list of misbehaviors, yet he is looked upon as a great champ.
Not by me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.