MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Asians and MMA/UFC

View Single Post

Old 05-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ape City
It's a league game, Smokey

Ape City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420atalon View Post
It wasn't his point it was his wording choices. Maybe he was half pissed while posting but especially when playing the not racist card you need to be a little smarter with your wording.

As for the people arguing about genetics now. Yes they do come into effect in some regards but not here. Before you can start making assumptions like this Asians need to start training and fighting the same as say North American and Brazilian fighters. Right now it is like comparing apples to oranges, we already know that 90% of Asian fighters don't succeed against top talent in a North American style MMA match but that isn't because they are Asian. It is because they don't have the same quality of training especially when it comes to wrestling. They also have a different philosophy on weight cutting which puts them at a disadvantage when fighting a larger wrestling based fighter.

Now if you were arguing why there are no top Asian HW fighters I would agree that genetics definitely is coming into play. But that is another subject, there are lots of Asian fighters that if they trained properly with top level fighters they could be really good but that likely isn't going to happen at a large scale until the UFC makes larger steps into the Asian markets.
I agree he didn't exactly phrase it in a way that comes off as politically correct. At the same time there was nothing malicious or hateful in the post, just ignorance.

As for the rest of your post I think you made some very good points.