MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Asians and MMA/UFC

View Single Post

Old 05-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazh View Post
Let's use Britain as the example instead of Japan then, nobody knows what MMA is here, maybe 1 in 100 people would understand what i mean if i said MMA; it would not be in the top 50 sports here yet on numbers alone we're probably one of the top 5 nationalities in the UFC.

Super genetics?

Pipe down, Britain isn't good either.

Between the U.S. and Brazil the 2 probably make up 90% or more of the top fighters. Asian fighters are touted well before they get to the UFC. The "elite" Asian fighters turned into a pile or mediocrity or worse in the UFC. Britain's claim to fame is Bisping who is a gatekeeper at best. They have Ross. Manuwa I guess is a prospect at 33 years of age?? Who else?

After the top 2 countries, no country is that strong in fielding good MMA fighters. Canada has GSP and Rory. A couple more decent guys...that is about it. Australia has a couple decent guys.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote