• Luke Rockhold

Votes: 10 24.4%

***OFFICIAL*** Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold Thread

11K views 157 replies 55 participants last post by  Sportsman 2.0 
#1 ·
Middleweight bout: 185 pounds

See less See more
#133 ·
...Well said. Rashad is out. Overeem has to recover from an embarrassing KO loss. Thiago just got schooled by Gus and meathead just got plowed too. Vitor has caught serious fire. That spinning back headkick was brutally sick. He is the torch but his kicks as of late have been very nasty. All you can do is shake your head in amazement watching Vitor smashing high-end fighters. The middleweight division is gonna get even more wicked with Sousa his sick, complete game...

#75 ·
TRT aside...I was very impressed with Vitor's performance.

TRT taken into consideration, I felt Vitor looked more vicious than ever. I give him respect though, at the end of the day he is 36 years old, so for him to be putting up that kind of performance really shows how dedicated he is.

I'm going to be honest, if the Vitor that fought Rockhold tonight shows up to fight Silva, he's putting Silva away and walking away with that title. That was a very vicious and focused Vitor Belfort.

#101 ·
I'd like to point out that in the present day UFC round rules Vitor has ONLY lost to one individual via KO in the first round. Technically one more time at the eight minute mark in the early days of the UFC and a submission loss also in the eight minute round in Pride.

Vitor has 16 wins within the 1st round. He is an absolute beast in the early rounds and that's what makes Anderson's feat all the more impressive.

It should be Weidman vs Vitor for the title. They're one and two at the moment.

Wonder why Luke had his hands down. Dangerous game. Wonder who's Vitor's striking coach. Luke didn't even see it coming. He shouldn't have stepped up to em in the weighs ins. Only Anderson can do that.

btw: One of the few winning Blackzillians!

#103 ·
That makes sense. I've never seen Vitor incorporate those type of kicks specifically in the Bisping fight and now against poor man Luke. Now he's extra dangerous.

If you're oppponents' striking trainer is Dutch be wary especially if he trains Aerts and Spong.

That was a beauty!

#105 ·
He did attempt some takedowns, but I think his hands down may have been a ploy after all to allow Vitor to explode with his punches then of course time it for the takedown. Only explanation I can think of unless he was that confident in his striking ability. But lets face it we all knew Luke is mid tiered at best in the UFC. It's a whole new ball game.

As much as I like Cung I'm glad he didn't get Vitor. We all saw what ol' Wandy then, but his resurgence is pretty damn awesome for an old timer himself.

Gotta say though man, Vitor is an anamoly. This guy has been around forever and is experiencing a late surge in his career. His contemporaries...every single one of em have long since retired. It's like I'm having flashbacks from the 90's.

#106 ·
Rockhold seems like such an asshole.
You should never fight like that against Belfort..

Nevertheless, great kick from Vitor. That was a beauty. I don't think he'll beat Anderson but he's clearly the number two or three in the division right now.

Reactions: UFC_OWNS
#108 ·
Rofl I was almost going to rep you for this, then I realized you're actually serious. Iunno maybe try sparring sometime using only head movement. It could work.

#109 ·
It only doesn't matter if you have mayweather head movement or you are good at slipping punches, it really is not ideal for your average fighter to fight like thta

Reactions: TanyaJade
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.