MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #156 (permalink)
MMA-Sportsman
Super Heavyweight

MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
I just mentioned this in another Vitor thread but I think it's relevant here too.

Vitor made choices when he was a younger man, choices he can't change at this point in his life. These choices have very obviously caused a long term health concern.

Things were different back then, testing didn't exist in the UFC.... and not to mention steroids were really popular at the time; not just in the fight world.

I don't understand why he can't use TRT to bring his levels up to a natural state. He can't take back his choices, and in life he has to deal with them.... but if there is a legal solution to help him continue his professional career, I don't understand why he shouldn't be allowed to use them.

It seems simple to me, you want to use TRT.... you need to be subjected to a very tedious testing plan pre-fight. Not just one test... weekly tests to ensure you're keeping your levels in check. If he never surpasses 'normal levels' it's just like he was any other guy with out this issue at all.
Agree with all that and in another note: If a man can cut his hormones supplies to fight as a woman why another man can't replace his hormone levels to fight as a man?

MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote