MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - This forum is filled with kids...

View Single Post

Old 05-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Aaronyman
Face the Pain

Aaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He CrossesAaronyman Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitator
Seriously, when I first discovered this forum I was excited for the fact that I found a place where I can talk to people who have similar interest than me. But after a while, i'm starting to get disappointed.

First, the amount of biased/nuthugging post from pride fanboys. I mean seriously, cro-cop gets knocked out by someone barely anyone knows, decisively. but then people still start making post saying it's impossible for someone else to bet cro-cop when he gets back and he will destroy everyone on his way to belt. come on man, how can you be that close minded. this sport is changing and everyone is training harder than ever.

Now Lidell loses and i see post saying Lidell is done, and he's overrated and he sucks. Are you kidding me? did you just forget that he's been champion for 3 years and defeated every single top contender in the LHW of the ufc. he loses once (in 3 years) and people discredit everything else he's done in the past.

it's like when i was 10 and i was playing street fighter with my brother. i beat him 30x in a row and he finally beat me once and he jumped up, cheered, got in my face and started yelling i suck and he kicked my ass. totally discreditng the past 30 wins i had before.

i'm disgusted by some of these posts, it shows nothing but ignorance and 'fanboy-ism'. i'm just waiting for the day fedor comes to the ufc and gets destroyed by another unknown fighter, i'd like to see what type of excuse all his fanboys are gonna say.

some more example:
diego sanchez posts saying he's the best, he needs title shot, then after he lost i saw post saying he sucks, overrated, etc.

matt hughes destroyed everyone for a couple of years then lost to gsp and all of the sudden hughes sucks, past his prime, doesnt have it anymore, etc.

now that i think about it i dont think anything is gonna change. i was just hoping this is one of the more mature forums that i have bookmarked.
no offence, but judging by your total of 5 posts on this forum, maybe you should contribute more to arguements and prove the noobs and nuthuggers wrong, instead of just *****ing about how annoying there are.

I am a Mirko Cro Cop nuthugger for sure, but I'll be the first to admit he got KTFO and he deserved it. Being so overconfident, not needing a cage, not training for elbows on the ground, he needed an asswhooping. Maybe if you did some research on Mirko's past, you'll know that he does not take getting KO well, and he comes back hungry.

Matt Hughes is a great fighter. But I think his time is coming. He dominated the division with his wrestling ability. This whole, 'dominating w/ one skill' is soon going to stop in the UFC. Guys like GSP, who can strike, wrestle, submit, defend takedowns are going to be the lasting champions in this new mma era. The same goes for Chuck, one hell of a badass. He kicked everyone's ass for 3 years, but the times are changing. You cannot just be a sprawl and brawler anymore in MMA. Not that I'm looking past Chuck's wrestling skills, but only uses them defensively, so the other guy only has to worry about strikes, not takedowns or submissions. Same with Tito, he's not going to GnP from a guy's guard to the title anymore. He's got to learn some serious muay thai, some serious submissions, b4 he'll be a dominating champion.

just my 2 cents
Aaronyman is offline   Reply With Quote