Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC Fighter Reza Madadi Arrested on Suspicion of Burglary in Sweden

721 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  John8204 
#1 ·
Not…good.

- UFC lightweight Reza Madadi was arrested Friday in Sweden, following a high-speed car chase that followed an alleged burglary. Madadi and an associate allegedly broke into a designer handbag store before making off with $150,000 (U.S.) worth of stolen goods. During the alleged burglary, which took place at a Bottega Veneta store, surveillance cameras captured three people coming into the store after breaking a window with a metal object. They then gained access, took the most expensive items and got in a getaway car. Police gave chase and then apprehended the suspects.

Madadi lawyer Ivan Fialdini denied his client's involvement in the crimes, noting the following…

"I cannot say much more until we see how this evolves."

The UFC is aware of the situation but is awaiting further information before commenting. Madadi's manager could not be reached for comment.

Last month, Madadi (13-3 MMA, 2-1 UFC) earned a victory over Michael Johnson at UFC on FUEL TV 9 in Stockholm. He won with a D'Arce choke that won him a $60,000 Submission of the Night bonus.

I don't often steal purses but when I do they are the most exotic ones in Sweden.

Stay thirsty my friends

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.