MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rampage Jackson signs with Bellator

View Single Post

Old 06-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Sports_Nerd
Featherweight

Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
If you're insinuating that Jones basically messed him up, maybe maybe not. Regardless he maybe put in a pond expected to get to a title shot. More then likely he'll get a warm up match then a tournament.
I wasn't really insinuating that, I'm just saying. His fire seems to have gone out.

If I was to engage in armchair psychology, though, I'd say he was motivated for his title shot, and lost pretty badly, and the knowledge that he was unlikely to ever get another one has made it difficult for him to get motivated for his next fights.

That might change in Bellator, but once an athlete gets used to phoning it in, they often find it hard to be competitive again.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote