Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Lifting with injury.

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  TheJame 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I’ve never really been into lifting weights, but lately I wanted to focus mainly on making my arms bigger. The thing is, I have a wrist injury from a four wheeler accident and I’ve never bothered to get it checked out. I’ve tried lifting heavy weights with it and my wrist isn’t strong enough yet. I was wondering what kind of lifting exercises I could do that doesn’t put too much pressure on my wrists.

#4 ·
Well I think what it needs is to be rehabilited in a way. Lifting light weights could make it stronger and it could heal itself. It isn't a bad injury in any way, it's just something that probably needs some time to heal. I'm just wondering if there's exercises where I could work around my sore wrist.

Please don't tell me to see a doctor again because it's not really helping or answering my questions.

#5 ·
How long ago was your accident....You say you cant lift heavy weights, but you lift peroid? If its a recent accident then it may still be damaged and thats why you cant lift. Try getting to a DR. to look at it, before you really hurt yourself.

#8 ·
TheJame said:
I guess I could try going to a doctor, they'll probably just tell me to rest it and not lift..which isn't what I want to hear.
its possible that you did do something serious like break something and it did'nt heal correctly. its also possible that you have tendon or ligament damage. either way, if you want to strengthen your arms you're going to have an awful time doing it if you can't support the weight to do things like curls. if you must lift weights without getting a doctors opinion i would say use lighter weights at first and see if your wrist improves.

#9 ·
You need to see a doctor if you are going to get serious about lifting. About a month ago I pulled a muscle in my back doing curl’s, at first I thought I would be fine so I picked the curl bar back up and the next thing I knew I was on the ground. I couldn’t walk or take a deep breath for the next 5 days without being in extreme pain. The point of my story is if you choose to work out when you are already hurt it you can only make things worse.

#10 ·
if your wrist is hurt You have to rest man. I had the same problem and I did not do anytype of lifting for like two weeks and it healed. During the time of my injury I could not lift even a 10 lb. dumbell. rest, wrap it with a ace bandage and ice it and you will get well. knuckle push ups for wrist strength. good luck.:thumbsup:

#11 ·
I do think there may be slight ligament damage in it, I don't know to what extent. My wrist has since felt a lot better, but I can still feel a tightness in it that isn't painful, but you can feel something there. I've been working out with really light weights and I think it's helped strengthen it a little, but as I expect my arms to take a long time to fill out with the weights I'm using.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.