MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - EPIC FAIL: Xbox One

View Single Post

Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bonnar426
The American Psycho

Bonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He Crosses
EPIC FAIL: Xbox One

We talked alot about this in the "What Games are you Playing" thread but I think this particular subject needs its own thread. The more I think about this the more pissed off I get because I was a loyal Xbox owner for at least 8 to 9 years. Because apparently the new Xbox isn't about just putting a disc in the console and playing a good game. It has a lot of bullshit restrictions that prevents it from doing that. Restrictions like...
(list came from http://angryjoeshow.com)
-24 hour DRM.
-1 hour DRM if you bring your game to a friends house.
-Mandatory Kinect.
-No renting, no loaning. No private sales (unless selling to someone who has been on your friends list for 30 days)
-Broadband Internet connection required.
-Trade-ins are up to the publisher and only at “participating” retailers.

Only Pro's are this...
+You can give a game to a friend only if they have been on your friends list for 30 days, and then only ONCE.
+Up to 10 family members can play your games from any console at any time? You & one other at a time.

Its like Microsoft board members gathered one day and said "hey, are customers are happy and were making too much money. How do we turn things around?"

This looks like the beginning of the end for Xbox. At least I'm not getting it anyways. Can't imagine too many people buying it as well.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this abortion to the gaming culture and how will it effect the gaming culture in the future?