• Dan Henderson

Votes: 20 54.1%

***OFFICIAL*** Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson Thread

9K views 94 replies 39 participants last post by  Sekou 
#1 ·
Light heavyweight bout: 205 pounds

See less See more
#74 ·
I was just about happy with the fight, great win Rashad :)

Hendo's the man who, not too long ago, was on a strong career resurgence. Back to back victories over legends like Fedor and Rua meant that age was nothing but a number for Hendo. I thought he did REALLY well against Machida who I considered to be the worst match up possible for him, and obviously he looked competitive against Rashad, but Rashad's, speed refound hunger and thirst was eventually too much

I don't know what people are complaining about, after the 1st round, Rashad mixed it up really well, specially in that 3rd round. He was almost looking like the Rashad of the old. I do agree with Toxic that he should commit to his takedowns from the offset though. That's about the only thing he did wrong here, otherwise Henderson's the most tenacious 40+ fighter out there.

Terrific win, and I KNEW he'd come out to KRS One again :)

#79 ·
The thing is he does not only have one weapon but choses to only use his best weapon as of late, same wth Roy Nelson. Both fighters have other tools at their disposal but choose not to use them.

Honestly if Country could lose a bit of weight or henderson would gain a bit i would not mind seeing that fight. we would be able to see who has the best one hit ko power.

It is annoying to see this happen to fighters, it seams to happen allot after a fighter has been in the game a while. same thing to a point happen to my favorite fighter (bj penn) after a while he completly forgot he was good on the ground and only chose to utalize his hands.

#80 ·
Good win for Rashad. I never really wanted to see this fight right now because I knew one had to lose. Rashad would have been on a three fight losing streak and possibly retire, and Henderson would be suffering back to back losses (which he did), and that could make a guy in his 40's contemplate retiring. Fortunately, it ended in a split decision so retirement talk may be held back for now.

So, I hear Rashad Evans is interested in a fight against Glover. It's nice to see he's not looking to dodge anyone. A guy who is looking into retirement probably wouldn't be calling out a contender like Glover who is on a very impressive and long run. That would be a fun fight for sure.

#82 ·
Hendo's game plan has become so telegraphed. Jab - Big Right hand, low kick - Bick Right hand.

That is pretty much it.

Not the greatest fight there's ever been but certainly not the worst. I gave Rashad 2 and 3 with Hendo a clear 1.

Never thought I'd say this but Dan Henderson gained some of my respect with his post fight interview.

#85 ·
Hendo's game plan has become so telegraphed. Jab - Big Right hand, low kick - Bick Right hand.
People keep saying how predictable Hendo has become. Which may be true. But then what does that say about Machida and Rashad? 1 is the 2nd best LHW. The other was just a top 3 for years. Yet they could only win split decisions over a one-dimensional, predictable, 42 year old?

What does that say about them? LHW must suck ass right now.

#84 ·
Lets be serious. The reason he was the number one contender was because jones hhad already beat machida, rashad, bader, shogun, and rampage. Thats everyone in the top 5 at that point. Now glover and gusta are in the top 5 or so and are intriguing fights. People like to complain about vitor and chael but who else would there be for jones if he didn't fight them? Vitor was a huge win and people don't realize it. Another ex champ on jones resume. Hendo wouldve been a great win for his resume also but chael was also important because of TUF. No one better to go on tv with than chael, deserving or not. Infact hendo and tito (?) Are the only ex champs that jones has not beat that are active in the lhw division. Hmmmmm jacre vs jones actually sounds really fun

#92 ·
I agree those were bad matchups for him. And don't understand the match-making. Not hard to make a guaranteed fun fight involving Hendo. Yet they fail and they fail.

Just a shame that the #2 LHW in the world in Machida could only win a crappy split vs. a 42 year old, one-dimensional, slow fighter. Sad that the 2nd best in the world and quickest in the division did so little that one judge gave it to Hendo. Machida and Rashad should have at least CRUISED to decision wins over a 42 year old. When they cannot, that is telling on how mediocre the LHW division has become.

Tex and Gustaf would have won dominating decisions. Tex may have sub'd Hendo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.