MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anthony Pettis wants T.J. Grant's UFC 164 slot against champ Benson Henderson

View Single Post

Old 06-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
guycanada
Bantamweight

guycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
It's been three years since he's earned his "promised" title shot and while I don't wish to see Grant bumped from his title shot I see no reason why Pettis shouldn't be on his home-town card. Also I don't feel it's right to blame any of the fighters who were willing to drop down to face Aldo (Florian, Edgar, Pettis) as the FW contenders have failed to prove their legitimacy. Three of the last four fighters, Josh Grispi, Mark Hominick, and Manny Gamburyan have a combined UFC record of 2-10.

If he wants a short camp he should have that right especially considering both what he's been through and what he brings to the table.
Let Pettis fight Thompson or Melendez on Ufc 164, if he wins, then you can set-up a title fight in Dec or on the 20th anniversary card in Vegas with GSP....

Either way I can't wait to see TJ elbow the F*** out of Pettis at some point in the near future

Ufc Fight Night: Davis Vs Nogueira, Ufc 131, Ufc 143, Ufc 148, Ufc on Fox 5, Ufc 156, Ufc on Fox 8
-----

Chael Sonnen - "I was in public office, and I left public office the only way a person should..In Handcuffs"
guycanada is offline   Reply With Quote