MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anthony Pettis wants T.J. Grant's UFC 164 slot against champ Benson Henderson

View Single Post

Old 06-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #48 (permalink)
dvonfunk
Flyweight

dvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of lightdvonfunk is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Einstein, we do realize that.

That is the difference between the type of fan you are, and the type of fan I am. You are into the "sense" and manufacturing the UFC does at creating situations. You like the script. I on the other hand am here for teh fights. And Sanchez/Melendez isn't something anyone has been dying to see.

Why not Thomson? Why not Maynard? I'd rather watch the better fights. I don't really care what makes sense in proping up certain fighters to help promote certain fights.
I appreciate the sentiment, and in a perfect fight world, that's the way it always would be. Unfortunately, that's not always the case in the UFC. In fact, often times that's not the case. It's a business. The best fighters aren't always going to fight the best fighters, and us fans aren't always going to agree with the fights that are made. I think we can all agree that more often than not, the UFC gets it right. So you can argue whether Sanchez-Melendez "makes sense" until the cows come home, but in the end- barring injury- it's going to happen.

Looking at this fight from a different angle, did it ever occur to anyone that maybe the UFC execs see this fight as a tool to further market its product to the Latin American fanbase? As far as I'm aware, a date and location for the fight has yet to be announced. However, it wouldn't surprise me if it took place somewhere with a large Latin American population. Remember, it's a business. Just something to consider.
dvonfunk is offline   Reply With Quote