MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Benson Henderson Takes to Facebook to Report, Vilify New UFC Dress Code

View Single Post

Old 06-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
amoosenamedhank
Featherweight

amoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
It's not asking too much, but every request should have some reasoning behind it. I don't think there is any good reasoning for this move. That's what I've been talking about. No one was bothered by the shorts and flip flops.

If all that matters is what's not "too much", we could institute all kinds of minor requirements on the basis that its not too much to ask. It's not too much to ask fighters not to eat fish on wednesdays, for example. But why?
The fighter is traveling on the company's dime, and promoting for the company and their brand. You may not be bothered by what the fighters are currently wearing, but if the owner is looking to set a certain look or tone, he is well within his right to do so.

When ever you fly on a commercial flight on the behalf of the military, you are required to wear your dress blues. Would anyone else in that airport or airplane care if you wore sweatpants instead? No, they probably wouldn't. Doesn't matter, the military as decided when you fly on their time, you are going to look professional while doing so.

These aren't laws, these are rules... if the fighters honestly can't live with them, they can always quit.

At my job, dress code is pretty relaxed. However, if the VP showed up tomorrow and told us all business casual or business attire, well... I guess I better dust those slacks off or my resume... my choice.
amoosenamedhank is offline   Reply With Quote