MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Junior dos Santos: Cain Velasquez hits like a girl

View Single Post

Old 06-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #52 (permalink)
Voiceless
Welterweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
How could MMA fans get so upset at that? MMA's best heavyweight boxer says he might be able to KO the Klitschkos and that he doesn't like safe fighting and we gang up on him. How many of you have even seen an entire Klitschko fight?
I've seen quite some Klitschko fights (and enjoyed them), and actually Dos Santos shows some similarities in his own fighting style to theirs (and I enjoy his) - technical boxing to dismantle the opponents step by step to eventually find the finish. Dos Santos plays it rather safe himself with his speed advantage and in and out boxing. It's not like he'd be a brawler. Saying "Guys don't finish fights." does sound somewhat stupid, when the Klitschkos are both among the fighters with the highest fight-KO ratio of all time, Vitali having the second best fight-KO ratio of all time with over 87% which is 10% more than Dos Santos' finish rate of 77%.

And yes, saying to not only possibly be able to win against the champ in a completely different sport (without even having a legitimate pro record in it), but even to knock him out sounds about as "reasonable" as James Toney claiming to be able to win against the elite of MMA in an MMA match.

Doesn't make me upset though, rather or