MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Frankie Edgar predicts 'whole package' Chris Weidman will defeat Anderson Silva

View Single Post

Old 06-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
MMA-Sportsman
Heavyweight

MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Brazilians on the other hand are practically unanimous in supporting their countrymen against others, they'd probably pick Jussier Da Silva over Jones.
I will take my chances and say you don't have enough data and research to make this statement about Brazilian fans opinions. Anyway, it must be emphasized that "to support" and "to pick" are two completely different things. While I agree with the first part of your post, which is pretty obvious, the "picking" part is way off. Unless we are speaking about uneducated MMA fans, in which the case, nationality will matter little to nothing.
Brazilian TV comentators oftenly and openly cheer for Brazilian fighters, but at the same time they "prepare" the public to the beating the Brazilian is about to get, when this is the case.

BTW: I do not support Thiago Silva