MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Are You Doing Right Now!!!?

View Single Post

Old 06-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #30034 (permalink)
Freelancer
Lightweight

Freelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By AllFreelancer Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
It's a much different take from the previous versions. I enjoyed it because it is much darker; Chris Nolan produced it while Zack Snyder was at the helm. Same director as Dawn Of The Dead, 300, Sucker Punch, etc.

Plus it was the first film I watched in 3-D. Lots of good flicks coming out. Waiting for "Catching The Wolf On Wall Street!"
It has great CGI effects but they put too much emphasis on action, which is somewhat expected considering Snyder directed it. I didn't like the actor that played Zod, or the way character was written. The Krypton scenes were unimpressive to me compared to the 1978 version, especially when it comes to the dialogue. There are completely nonsensical scenes, logically, but I won't say them because I don't want to spoil the movie. Hans Zimmer music is deadening to me, generic thumping that can't elevate you the way John Williams's music did. I also felt the cape is too long in current costume version. And although Henry Cavill looks like Superman, I feel he lack charisma of Chris Reeve, much like Brandon Routh.