MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What game(s) are you playing?

View Single Post

Old 06-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #3225 (permalink)
M.C
needs more cowbell

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Of course the next gen game looks better when being compared to a previous gen game on the PC. That isn't a fair comparison. It's like comparing the 360 to a ps2 game.
The point I'm making about PS4/X1 games looking better than high end PC games now is that graphics can only get so good. It isn't the case of going from SD to HD, it's now going from HD...to more HD with a little better everything. The graphics are going to cap out eventually and they will more than likely cap out this generation after a few years. What we are seeing on PS4/X1 isn't going to be that much different than what we are going to see on PC, it's all HD, it's all high end, and the graphics are going to cap regadless of the hardware. You can only make a face look so good and you can only add so much detail to a world, and if you look at console exclusives right now like TLOU and GoW:A, you will find they look on par with most if not all PC games out there, and it's not about the hardware, it's about the graphical limitations.

Basically - the gap between console and PC is fading based simply off graphical limitations, and next generation will show it quite clearly I am sure. We will just have to wait and see.

--------

To people who have played FF13, I'm on chapter 8 and I'm wondering how long it is until I can create my own party how I want. Can someone tell me this (without spoilers)?