MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White: Every fighter is picking Weidman to defeat Anderson Silva at UFC 162

View Single Post

Old 06-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #78 (permalink)
cdtcpl
Megaweight

cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post

All these guys fought their toughest opponents from their first title shot and onwards.
Funny thing about being the champ, they typically give you the hardest opponent they have

Just screwing around with you

I really think that if Weidman had a couple more years and maybe a solid loss or two to teach him what his weaknesses are he could be a legit contender. While I do feel he is at least a top 5 (I have him as #3) MW, I also still think the skill gap between AS and him is way too high. I don't think his wrestling game is so overpowering that he will be able to do what Sonnen couldn't do last time, which is consistently take AS down.

The one fighter I agree with on this fight is Dan Henderson. I will be interested to see how good his chin is. Anderson Silva will touch it, he has to be ready for what to do if he is hurt from it (assuming he is still awake).
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote