MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva: I don't think I can defeat Jon Jones

View Single Post

Old 07-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
Voiceless
Middleweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crester View Post
Actually you make a good point. I respect for Anderson Silva straight up coming out and saying he thinks Jon Jones will beat him. Jones has a size and strength advantage... and has age on his side. And as Silva said... the only real advantage he has over Jones is experience.
Which is actually not true. He's quite understating his own abilities. Silva has better striking technique, higher precision, better timing and one punch KO (or at least knock down) power. (Jones might have still the better chances with his wrestling and overall higher power)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I'd respect GSP a lot more as well if he just came out and said it rather than stringing people along and making excuses.

I like Silva's honesty here as it's simple - he's bigger, younger, has all the tools to beat him and as shown he can utilize those tools excellently against AAA fighters. Instead of stringing people along he's just like "look, he'd probably beat me and that's not something I'm interested in". At the very least we know he's wanting GSP more than Jones and he's honest about why that is.

It's very refreshing to hear.
I'm actually not quite sure whether he's not interested in it. On the other hand I sometimes have the feeling that he really is pretty fond of Jones and wouldn't want him to lose.