MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira Thread

View Single Post

Old 07-07-2013, 01:19 AM   #72 (permalink)
Roflcopter
Kneel Before Christ!

Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
lol, yes, Edgar's 'negativity' makes the fights look closer than they are

I'm going to challenge Anderson to a fight, and when I lose, I'll just be negative about it so that the result appears closer to the naked eye
It's pretty popular among guys who aren't that talented...or guys who have a hard time with a style.

Werdum-Overeem II was a great example.

If Werdum fights that fight like a real cagefighter he's probably getting stopped...instead he tricked a lot of people into thinking he actually deserved the decision by jabbing and then flopping to his back for 15 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
So they can justify pretending he loses rounds where he out lands his opponent two to one.
Damage is a scoring criteria and it's Edgar's own fault he does very little of it considering he often doesn't even sit down on his punches.

Last edited by HitOrGetHit : 07-07-2013 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Double Post
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote