Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Which coach would you choose?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  kantowrestler 
#1 ·
Which choose would you choose and why?

It kind of seems that the producers have brought in coaches from different eras of fighting. Thoughts on that?

While I am no mma fighter but at one time while in the Army, I was involved in BJJ and before that, I boxed.

I guess choosing what coach depends on the style of fighting you like best?

I'd like to hear what you guys think and have to say?!

#5 ·
It all depends on the person, do you pick the coach that can accentuate your strengths or the one who can plug the holes in your game? Greg Jackson's likely the guy to lead a fighter to victory with his game plans but I think he may be the guy who will actually do the least as far as growing as a fighter during there time on the show.

#8 ·
I don't think Jackson makes great fighters I think he helps fighters win fights A lot of his guys came to him as great fighters and many more train day to day elsewhere and then go to him for the pre fight training camps were his strength seems to me to be is getting guys ready to fight somebody using the tools they have but not necessarily teaching new techniques or skills

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Reactions: joshua7789
#7 ·
If I was a fighter I would probably pick Jackson or Couture at first thought but after hearing their pitches I would really lean towards Shamrock. When he started talking about him being retired and all his focus being on his fighters it felt like he would be a great couch.

You could also argue that Shamrock is over the hill though, and that a very succesfull modern day trainer like Greg Jackson would be the best choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.