MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Opinions on different game genres?

View Single Post

Old 07-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Spite
YNWA

Spite Is Beloved By AllSpite Is Beloved By AllSpite Is Beloved By AllSpite Is Beloved By AllSpite Is Beloved By AllSpite Is Beloved By AllSpite Is Beloved By AllSpite Is Beloved By AllSpite Is Beloved By AllSpite Is Beloved By AllSpite Is Beloved By All
RPG's by far are my Favorite. I don't really have a preference over East or West, just as long as it's open map with a meaningful story to it. Games like Oblivion and Skyrim, I can play for ever.

I also love MMORPG, first one I played properly was age of conan. I actually vowed never to play one of these types of games, but I was in game (uk shop) and picked up AOC thinking it was a hack and slash game, was pissed of when I got home and found out it was a MMO. So I tried it anyway, since I bought it. June the 2nd 2008 was the day I started playing, and I didn't stop playing it until January 2011. So yeah, I was hooked.

FPS's are kind shit these in regards to single player campaigns, the only exception I can think of is Dead Space 3 and Borderlands 2 (which is excellent). FPS these days are designed with multiplayer in mind, the single player campaigns are an afterthought, which is a waste really. However Battlefield 2 & 3 have excellent multiplayer arena's. I love the BF2&3 multiplayer game with their destructible buildings and massive maps, also the way team play is encouraged as opposed to a game like COD where always seems to be everyman for himself (which is fine if thats how you prefer to play).

I love beat-em-up's as well. Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat. I just wish somebody would make a really good first person hand to hand combat game, with FPS style maps... that would rock. I also love the WWE games, and would have loved to have played the UFC games, these are only type of games where I still wished I owned a console.

I loved the horror genre's as well... I say loved because I don't think I've seen a decent one since Doom 3. Dead Space is ok, but not really scary. Give me a game that has the tension and holy shit moments of Resi 2 and the eerie atmosphere of silent hill.

Finally I love me a good old sandbox game. GTA's are awesome, FarCry's are awesome, Saints Row's are awesome, Infamous 1 & 2 are both awesome. A lot of people haven't played Just Cause 2 yet, a little tip, if you haven't played this game it will surprise the shit out of you, it was probably my favourite game of 2010.

There is one Genre that I avoid at all costs - Platformers. I cannot stand these types of games.